If you want to know more about how you can provide technical assistance when implementing your course, you could turn to a technical assistant.
In the book ‘Digital Habits‘, it is being stated that these are people with sufficient experience with the operation of a community to understand the technological needs and that they have sufficient technological experience to be a digital pioneer and address the needs. Technical assistants can select and configure technological tools as well to support the practical use of a community.
They fulfill different activities within this role:
- Understand the community, so you can fulfill their needs, even if they are not explicitly mentioned;
- Technological self-awareness, so that you know which tools are available and what their possibilities are;
- Select and install: select the right tools based on the needs of the group and install these tools for use;
- Adoption and use: ensure you support the members in learning to use new tools.
- Everyday use: for example update the software, make back-ups, but also add new members and explorenew possibilities of tools and introduce them to the group.
This is an excerpt from ‘ennuonline‘. Here you can find more information about the important role of a technological assistant in an online community.